Below are answers to some common questions about Benesse Art Site Naoshima.
For other questions, please contact us as indicated on this page.
Teshima Art Museum Online Tickets
About Teshima Art Museum Online Tickets
- Admission is free for children aged 15 and under, but is a reservation (online ticket purchase) required for children also?
- Yes, reservations are required for all visitors (including children). Regardless of age, please make a reservation for the total number of visitors in your party (when purchasing your online tickets, please select "Child 15 and under" on the ticket number selection screen).
If you are a junior high school or high school student, please bring proof such as a student ID on the day of visit.
- Can I cancel my online ticket after purchase?
- Cancellation requests are acceptable until 12:00a.m.(JST) of the day of your visit. Please check the "Cancellation" description on the "Teshima Art Museum Online Tickets" page and follow the instruction on the cancellation form.
- Can I change the reserved day or time of my online ticket after purchase?
- No, we cannot accept any changes to the date or time of your ticket once purchased. You can make ticket cancellations up to midnight (12:00 am JST) of the day of your visit. Please cancel your ticket and then repurchase a new ticket.
- Can I make a reservation by telephone?
- We apologize, but reservations can only be made online.
- Can I visit without making a reservation?
- Yes, if there is an empty slot at your desired entry time, you can purchase tickets at Teshima Art Museum. If the entry slot for the desired time and date is sold out, you won't be able to enter until there is an empty slot. We recommend purchasing online tickets in advance.
- How can I purchase my online tickets?
- You can purchase them through the sales page on Benesse Art Site Naoshima's official website. Credit cards are the only accepted method of payment.
(cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
- From when can I purchase my online tickets ?
- The sales dates of Teshima Art Museum’s online tickets are as follows.
Sales start date:
July 11th (Sat.) to July 31th(Fri.), 2020 : July 7th(Tue.) 10:00(JST)~
For August 2020 : July 22th(Wed.) 10:00(JST)~
*In terms of tickets after September, we will announce on the reservation site.
- How many online tickets can be purchased per reservation?
- You can purchase tickets for up to 9 people.
- Are licensed guide interpreters admitted free of charge?
- Yes, licensed interpreters visiting on a professional function will be admitted free of charge if they can present their license card.
Please do not include interpreters in the number of online tickets purchased. In the case that an online ticket has been purchased for a licensed interpreter, there will be no refund. Also, please note that if interpreters cannot present their license card on the day of visit they will be required to purchase an admission.
- Is there a handling fee for purchasing online tickets?
- No handling fees apply to the purchase of online tickets.
- Must one group leave the museum before the next group is admitted?
- No, this is not the case.
Depending on the congestion situation of the art space, you may wait before appreciating.
- I think I'll be late for the time I have reserved. What should I do?
- Online tickets can be used for 30 minutes from the reservation time written on the ticket. After 30 minutes, the tickets become invalid.
- If I make an advance reservation, can I book a bus or ferry too? (Or will I be given priority?)
- Transportation such as buses and ferries cannot be booked, so please allow plenty of time when you plan your visit.
* During crowded periods, we recommend that you arrive early as soon as possible.
The number of boat and bus connections are limited, so we recommend that you plan your itinerary in advance. Please check here for details about how to get around in Teshima.
- I have an Annual Passport . Will I receive preferential treatment?
- Annual Passports holders can enter without making a reservation.
However, accompanying guest of passport holders are required to make a reservation, as the general public.
Also, if you forget your Annual Passport on the day of visit, you will be required to purchase an online ticket. Please make sure to bring your passport along.
- How will refunds be made if the museum is temporarily closed?
- If the museum is temporarily closed due to adverse weather or natural disasters, we will refund the entire amount through your credit card company.
Information regarding unscheduled closures will be announced on the top page of Benesse Art Site Naoshima's official website.
If a refund is issued, we will inform customers via e-mail and through the sales page as required.